I qualified as a paediatric nurse in 2006, and over the last ten years I have cared for children of all different ages using the ethos of “family centred care”.
This principle recognises that parents and carers are the experts in knowing their child, and their views and preferences must be listened to.
My nursing and childcare experience has given me a number of qualities and skills relevant to childminding:
- I am patient and kind, and I love working with children and families.
- I maintain high standards of hygiene.
- I have excellent knowledge of child development and how to help children learn through play.
- I can safely manage children with medical conditions including asthma, allergies and diabetes.I am experienced in supporting children with speech delays and food anxieties.
- I am passionate about keeping children fit and healthy. I provide lots of opportunities for exercise, and offer healthy and nutritious food.
- I am professional, reliable and trustworthy.
I hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and I always work within the ratios set by Ofsted.
I am fully trained in paediatric first aid and I am a registered member of Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years Association (PACEY), as well as the Pre-School Learning Alliance.