Today I’ve been researching contracts. Pacey and childcare.co.uk have some really useful information about what needs to go into a contracts. This is what I discovered:
- Each child should have their own contracts- siblings with the same childminder should have their own contract.
- Contracts are legally binding once signed.
- the contract should include:
- The childminders details including a phone number
- The child’s details such as name/ date of birth.
- the family’s details- parents names and addresses and phone numbers
- who has parental responsibility
- who is authorized to collect the child
- contracted days and hours
- payment details
- signatures and a review date.
This website has some good free templates which can be a good starting point: http://www.freechildmindingresources.co.uk/childminding-contracts/