Technically its week 6 but last week we just spent time going through our folders and making sure we were up to date with everything.
Last week we looked at the business side of childminding- taxes,expenses, advertising etc.
1. Register as self-employed with HMRC https://www.gov.uk/set-up-sole-trader/register
2. open a business bank account (some childminders don’t bother, I will look into whether this is necessary)
3. Start some kind of book keeping system to keep receipts and keep track of expenses
4. Change house insurance to a policy that covers working from home
5. Ensure car insurance covers me to transport children in my car
6. Get Public liability insurance
i will update as I go along!